Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Software Evaluation

While searching for software that I could use in my classroom to support student learning, I found a great program called Comic Life. Comic Life is an easy to use program where you add your own pictures. Then it allows you to add captions and text to go with your pictures in the form of a comic. It costs $19.95 for a single license and can be used on Mac and Windows operating systems. 
 


This is an example from the Comic Life website
to show how you could use it with science topics.

Image used with permission from
http://www.comiclife.com/education#science
 
Comic Life can be used to motivate struggling writers and can also be used to challenge talented and gifted students to express their creativity. The website for this piece of software offers a variety of information to teachers about the program.  It even gives tips for teachers and specific examples of ways students can use the program. Also, the website has reviews from teachers about how wonderful the program is to use in the classroom.

After researching more about Comic Life and reviewing the two evaluation forms as guidelines, I think this piece of software would be very beneficial to use in my classroom. I think it would inspire my students to write more and be able to show their originality. I also like how it can be used to integrate writing into any subject area.
To find out more about Comic Life go to http://www.comiclife.com/ and click on the educational resources tab to find out all the ways you could use it in your own classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment