Sunday, June 12, 2011

A New Technology in the Classroom

 One new technology that I have learned about that I can use in my classroom is Blogger. This is the first time that I have experienced blogging and I think it is a great way to share ideas and communicate with others.
One way I could use it in my classroom is to allow my 5th graders to blog about books that they are reading, instead of just having them write about their books on paper. This way more of their peers can see what they are reading and maybe become interested in other types of books. Another way I would use blogging as an educational tool is to have my students blog answers to reading group questions. This is an activity that my students could do before reading group and we could discuss what they wrote on their blogs together during our group time.
My experience with blogging has been positive and I think it would be a very beneficial tool to use in my classroom.

Image used with permission from http://www.elrona.com/02/22/improve-google-ranking-blogger/

No comments:

Post a Comment