Thursday, June 2, 2011

2011-2012 AEA Resources

Image used with permission from http://www.hclib.org/pub/search/Login.cfm?db=InfoBits

There are many good resources that will be available from the AEA website for next school year. The one resource that I could really use in my classroom next year is the Kids InfoBits.This website is for kindergarten through 5th grade students. It contains a safe and reliable place for students to research a variety of topics in the areas of math, science, social studies and more. It also includes articles from age-appropriate magazines and newspapers. Kids InfoBits even contains and elementary dictionary and has worksheets that teachers can print off and use with their students.

I can see how my students could use Kids InfoBits all the time. They could use the maps for their geography lessons. My students would love to read the magazines and newspapers articles to find information for their research projects. I also think the dictionary on this website would be beneficial for my students when trying to find the meanings of new vocabulary words. I would even be able to have a new resource to use when trying to find worksheets.
I am so glad that the AEA will have Kids InfoBits and many other useful resources available for me to use in my classroom next year!
Go to Kids InfoBits to learn more about this great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment